Latest updates to share with your clients
- OIG issues Fraud Alert. Read brief here.
- Keep your clients safe by sharing 4 Coronavirus Scams to Avoid
- Download your Personalizable Client Letter – Scam Warning
- Make sure your clients are prepared for a telemedicine visit with their doctors using these helpful tips.
- Social Security offices are CLOSED to in person services as of March 17, 2020. More information
- For information on how to access the government services needed, visit usa.gov
- FDA is taking action to address COVID-19. Read more here
- Visit Social Security Administration COVID-19 web page at www.socialsecurity.gov/coronavirus/ to find out what services they are continuing and which ones they are suspending, how to contact them, and important information about deadlines they are extending to ease the burden on individuals and medical providers during this pandemic.
- COVID-19 Health Benefits Resources by State – Each state is taking its own approach to Covid-19 health insurance regulation. Here is the directory.
- IRS Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020 – Income tax payment deadlines for individual returns, with a due date of April 15, 2020, are being automatically extended until July 15, 2020. The filing deadline for tax returns remains April 15, 2020. Read more here.
- For Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources and Articles for Family Caregivers, click here.
- To find local resources, such as supplemental food programs or services for veterans, call 211. More information
Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Readiness Resources
CMS / Medicare on COVID-19
- CMS Issues Frequently Asked Questions on Catastrophic Health Coverage and the Coronavirus. Read the official press release from CMS here
- The Trump Administration today announced expanded Medicare telehealth coverage that will enable beneficiaries to receive a wider range of healthcare services from their doctors without having to travel to a healthcare facility. Beginning on March 6, 2020, Medicare—administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)—will temporarily pay clinicians to provide telehealth services for beneficiaries residing across the entire country. “The Trump Administration is taking swift and bold action to give patients greater access to care through telehealth during the COVID-19 outbreak,” said Administrator Seema Verma. Read the official press release from CMS here
- Summary of Medicare Telemedicine Services – View the CMS Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet Here
- With the recent Coronavirus epidemic, we want to ensure that agents are aware that Medicare Part B will cover Coronavirus testing ordered after February 4, 2020 by a doctor or other healthcare provider. While there isn’t a vaccine yet, Medicare is still here to help. Click Here to see more about Coronavirus testing from Medicare.gov.
Additional Guidance and Resources
- CMS Current Emergencies Information Page – Information and updates about public health emergencies that are happening now
- Getting Prescriptions in a State of Emergency
- Getting Care and Drugs in Emergencies
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Fact Sheet
- New Measures to Protect Nursing Home Residents from COVID-19
In the memorandum issued March 10, 2020, CMS outlined the flexibilities MA and Part D plans have to waive certain requirements to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These flexibilities include:
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 tests
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatments in doctor’s offices or emergency rooms and services delivered via telehealth
- Removing prior authorizations requirements
- Waiving prescription refill limits
- Relaxing restrictions on home or mail delivery of prescription drugs
- Expanding access to certain telehealth services
Carriers on COVID-19
You can find updates and resources from each of our carriers on this page. Please be sure to check back as updates will be added to the carrier section on a regular basis.
Carriers with provided guidance include Aetna/Silverscript, UnitedHealthcare, Mutual of Omaha, Humana, WellCare and Cigna. New guidance is added as we receive it.