Phone interviews, paramed exams, and/or cognitive assessments are often required when applying for insurance. When a client knows what to expect, the client can be comfortable with the process, information can be ready, and applications can be approved faster.
- Review underwriting requirement
- Medical records will likely be requested
- If a paramed and exam are required, a representative of the company will be in touch to set up appointments
PARAMED EXAM Approximately 30-45 Minutes
- Get restful sleep the night before
- Stay hydrated
- Document medications
- Notify medical staff of any past blood-draw issues
- Practice relaxation techniques to lower high blood pressure due to nervousness
- Avoid salt, alcohol, nicotine, marijuana, and caffeine
- Avoid strenuous exercise
INTERVIEW Approximately 30-45 Minutes
Have the following information available:
- Doctor names, addresses, phone numbers and dates/reasons last seen
- Dates of Surgeries and Hospital/ER Visits
- Results of Tests/Labs
For Long Term Care Insurance, a cognitive assessment is sometimes required, which could add 10-15 minutes to the interview.
- Listen carefully to the interviewer to retain as much as possible
- Applicants often need to repeat a series of words and numbers.
- Do the interview in a quiet place without distractions (cannot be driving).